Smart City ‘Diu’ to run on 100% Renewable Energy during daytime
- Diu Smart City has become first city in India to run on 100% renewable energy during daytime.
- With this, it has set new benchmark for other cities to become clean and green.
- Diu was importing 73% of its power from Gujarat until last year.
- Diu govt has planned to set up 9 MW solar park spread over 50 hectares rocky barren land and installing solar panels on roof tops on 79 government buildings.
- This project will help to produce 1.3MW per day annually.
- Currently Diu govt is offering its residents subsidy of Rs 10, 000 to Rs. 50,000 for installing 1-5KW roof top solar panels.